Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Great Hike!


November 3, 2014
Hey everyone!

So hiking today was great. We went to a place called Feather Falls. It's about an 8 mile trip total, and it was a lot of fun. California's finally cooling down so it wasn't too hot. The only bad thing was that the rivers are really low because of the drought - but that meant we could climb around the dried-up mouth of the falls right by the cliff face. I forgot my camera so I had some other elders take pictures. I'll send them to you hopefully next week. It was a really pretty area.
J., our newest member is doing great. He got up and bore his testimony yesterday, which was exciting. It's really cool to see the changes he's made in his life to become a member of the church.
I can understand your troubles writing an email about a slow week. It was the same thing here.
I really miss the mountains and snow. I actually dreamed of skiing a few nights ago, no kidding. Seems like my subconscious is reflexively adjusting to prepare my body for the coming ski - season. Oh well. There's always next year. Unless of course President Marston authorizes the zone trip to Lake Tahoe that I've been pitching to him.
Well, there's only one more week in the transfer and I'm sure it won't be as boring as this one was.
My scripture for the week is Philippians 4:13. One of my favorites.
Love,

Jake



 

No comments:

Post a Comment