Friday, October 31, 2014


27 October, 2014
Hey guys,

This week was pretty busy for us. First off was the zone blitz on Thursday, which was eat because elder H. and I split up and got a ton of work done. Then I had to translate for stake conference on Saturday and Sunday which was hard, but ultimately really good for me. Translating from Spanish to English is many times harder than going from Spanish into your native language, but I picked up on a lot of words that I didn't know and subsequently learned. The bad part was that it's pretty taxing mentally - taking the ACT test is the closest thing I can liken it to - and I did it for all four hours on Saturday and most of the Sunday session because nobody else felt like helping. So I went to our baptism on Sunday with a pretty gnarly headache. It's just been a crazy weekend.

Speaking of the baptism - it was great. Tons of people showed up, we had a lot of support from the branch, and J. was baptized by his son, J. Jr. It was great. I feel like we didn't really do a whole lot. The Lord prepares His children, and we as missionaries put in time to teach them and that's it. It seems to me like baptisms just happen when they happen. You can't force things. You just have to let Heavenly Father do His work on His schedule.

All in all it was a very spiritual experience, once I got ahold of some ibuprofen.

So yeah. That was my week. Pretty busy, which was a nice change.

Love

Jake

No comments:

Post a Comment