Monday, November 10, 2014


10 November, 2014

Hey guys!

I'm going to Lincoln City. My new companion's name is elder A. I'll be leaving Gridley tomorrow at around 8 am. I'll only be training him for one transfer. So... Yeah. I'm kind of sad to be leaving Gridley. There are a lot of great members here. But I'm sure Lincoln will be great. I'll probably end up spending Christmas there. Lincoln is the one area I really don't know anything about and have never visited. I have no idea how much Spanish work is there or anything. It'll be interesting.

I got asked to give a testimony on Sunday. Elder H. was supposed to give a talk, but forgot to write it, so it ended up shorter than expected.

This week was super slow. I'm spending today packing up all my stuff since I wasn't expecting to leave and got it all unpacked this transfer. So this is a lot of fun. Transfers are always hectic. The hardest part is finding rides. Hermano O from Yuba is going to be driving me down to Lincoln. He's like the Spanish Missionary Bus. He always takes time to pick up missionaries no matter where they are and get them moved. I'm pretty sure he's driving someone just about every transfer. That's one great thing about Spanish-speaking members. They're always such humble and generous people.

Well, I'm coming up on another winter in California, and then it's the home stretch. Things are going great, and I'm looking forward to this part of my mission.

I'll send you guys an update on the new area next week.

Love

Jake

No comments:

Post a Comment