Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Mother's Day


12 May, 2014

Hey everyone!

                Well the highlight of this week was getting to talk to all of you (obviously). It's great to see how everyone is growing up. I think Kate and Jess seem the most different so far.

That gave me a good recharge and a desire to do better on my mission. Thank you all for being the awesome family that you are and always encouraging me to do my best. The other highlight was that we got our investigator and his entire family on date for the 31 of this month. It was really great to finally see some success here, and to see their family beginning to progress again. Other than that, this week has been pretty slow, if more productive than usual. We didn't find anyone new, but we did have a lot more lessons than usual.

Tomorrow is Zone Conference, so that will be a good experience. I always like going to Zone Conference because it helps me to feel more enthusiastic about the work - kind of like being in the MTC where nearly everyone is happy to be there and focused on the same goal.

        I wanted to share a scripture with you that I found this morning during personal study. It's in Omni, verse 26:

26 And now, my beloved brethren, I would that ye should come unto Christ, who is the Holy One of Israel, and partake of his salvation, and the power of his redemption. Yea, come unto him, and offer your whole souls as an offering unto him, and continue in fasting and praying, and endure to the end; and as the Lord liveth ye will be saved.

        The phrase "offer your whole souls" really stuck out to me. That's something I need to work on- offering my whole soul to The Lord while I'm in His service, and letting Him work out all the details/concerns for me. That's my goal for the second year of my mission.

Thanks for everything you guys do!

Love

Jake

No comments:

Post a Comment