Monday, December 16, 2013

Guinea Pig...mmmm


December 16, 2013

Hey Family!

Thanks so much for the cookies! They were delicious. The lights were great too. I set them up next to our “Christmas tree” that we put up in our apartment.

Quick note before anything else: We're getting ipads in our mission, apparently. Training for them is going to be on the 17th. As of yet, I have no idea what we're going to be able to do with them, but I'm sure they'll be useful. We may be skyping you on them. Who knows? I guess we're just a guinea pig mission for all of these changes that the church is making.

Speaking of guinea pigs, yesterday my companion went to PetCo, bought a guinea pig, then brought it home, killed it in the backyard, and fried it on our stove with some rice and peppers. . .

It tasted like stringy chicken.  It’s not so weird.  They eat guinea pig in Peru, you know.

I'm excited to get that Christmas stuff. I'll save it for Christmas day if it's wrapped, but if it isn't, I can't make any promises. Unless you want me to not open the box until the 25th...? This Christmas Season has been okay so far. I'm looking forward to getting to talk to you all on Christmas. I can't believe a fourth of my mission is already gone. I've got to work harder! It's crazy to hear about how much everyone is doing. I know it hasn't been that long, but I feel like everyone has changed so much. It's great that everyone is doing so well.  

I like to hear about all of the missionary work and service that people do back home. It makes you seem closer to where I'm at right now.

This week has gone by quickly. My companion, Elder Huaman, is great. He's been helping my Spanish a lot. Dad has been relating his adventures at the Hablemos Espanol Academy to me, and it sounds like you're all continuing to learn. How cool would it be if we could speak Spanish to each other when I get home?

For us, this week has been pretty fast, as always. We were able to set up a return appointment with someone while tracting. We're going to meet with him and his wife on Wednesday. Funny thing is, I remember tracting into him before, and when it was just a couple of gueros (Edwards and I) El no queria nada que ver con nosotros...

Oh well. I'm glad we have the opportunity to teach him now.

Nothing else new happened. We had a branch Christmas Party, at which a lot of food was served. That's about all I can say about it. We have some interesting needs in our branch. They're good people though.

I'll try to send more pictures when I can.

xoxo

Jake

P.S.

I was just kidding about the guinea pig thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment