Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Christmas Skype Call!!!


December 23, 2013

Hey!

We'll, I'm writing this email from an iPad right now. Getting the

thing was about as interesting as watching paint dry, in case you were

wondering. We went to a 3 hour training meeting where we were informed

about all of the things that, as missionaries, we can't do with it.

Then we downloaded a few church-approved apps and went on our way. So

now I have an expensive piece of glass and metal in my backpack that I

have to worry about breaking every time I jump a fence to get away

from an angry Mexican pit bull.

But I digress.

By this time I hope the plague has passed from the household and that

you've found time to drag the bodies out to the corpse collectors and

burn everything that got contaminated. I've been dealing with a nasty

cold/sore throat that doesn't want to go away this week. Other than

that, things have been pretty good. I'll be calling from the Whiting's

house at around 10:30 A.M. On Christmas Day - which we've recently

found out is going to be a full-proselyting day. This announcement was

received with much murmuring by the California Roseville Mission. As

for me, I'm okay with it. I wasn't really sure what we were going to

do all Christmas anyways, and we might as well try to be obedient. On

the other hand, I'm not looking forward to the doors that will

inevitably be slammed in our faces that day if we try to tract, but

there you have it.

We recently started teaching a new investigator, Manuel, and

his wife. We had a great first lesson with them and will see where

things go.

 

Right now I feel good. I don't feel like I'm missing much back home,

which is good. And whatever I do miss will be fun catching up on when

I get home.  I'm excited to see you all on Wednesday! 

Love,

Jake

No comments:

Post a Comment