Monday, June 23, 2014


23 June, 2014

Hey mom and Dad! Sorry this is coming in late. We were having a war with PVC pipe nerf blowguns. It was sweet.

First things first, my eye is fine. We were playing soccer and I took a shot to the face. Afterwards my vision was blurry and I couldn't see very well around the bottom edge. I thought it was just my contact but then I took it out and it was still there. So at that point I figured I should probably call the nurse. She told me to go to the urgent care center and they referred me to the optometrist. The next day it was better, but nurse Dwyer still wanted me to go just to be sure. The optometrist dilated my eye to clear it up and said sometimes cells in your eye can get knocked loose and cloud your vision for awhile but it clears up. So that's the long and boring story that was part of a long and boring week.
The highlight of this week was that we got to drive back up to Orland/Chico for a baptism of elder Tepox's.  It was a fun experience and I got to see Elder van Leeuwen again. He's doing great.

Nothing very interesting happened this week. Just business as usual.

I'm sure the funeral was hard on everyone. That can't be an easy thing. I'm glad to hear the Tingeys are taking it so well though.

Glad you got my letter dad. It's good to hear that you haven't gone soft on me ;)

Plus now you have a century bike ride t shirt. Street cred!

This week we have zone conference, which should be cool. I'm wondering if we won't meet our new mission president there. I don't know though.

I don't know if I've ever told you but we get to eat with a family in our ward almost every Sunday.  The mom is an amazing cook. Her burritos with french fries in them are legendary.

That's about all.  Sorry this email was pretty dry. It's a reflection of California in general.

Love

Jake

No comments:

Post a Comment