Monday, January 27, 2014


January 27, 2014
Hi everyone!
First of all, I'm glad that Jess has been several days "without incident". Sometimes it sounds like taking care of kids is more akin to monitoring a nuclear power plant than anything else. That would probably make Jess Chernobyl.
Thanks for liking all of my Facebook posts Mom ;)  Yes I wrote it. Honestly I don't think what we put on Facebook reaches as many people as we'd like, but it gives me something to do. Thankfully though, mission life doesn't leave a whole lot of time to be bored. That's the good thing.
I didn't think I would ever really love sports like some people do, but I think it's safe to say that I have a budding obsession with fútbal. That's what I do every P day, and most mornings. I can rainbow the ball now :)  Someday I'm going to go see a game overseas, too. Just for the experience.
This week was interesting. I feel like our area is starting to pick up in terms of work and new people to teach - kind of sad since this is probably my last transfer here. But oh well. We've been knocking more doors than before, and I think that's helped. I've sure gotten a lot better at it. Yesterday Elder Huamán told me that my Spanish is perfect, now I just need to work on my intonation so I can sound like a native. That was a pretty great compliment to get especially after working all week to build my vocabulary and grammar skills.
Yesterday we had three lessons, all of which went through. That was kind of a miracle because a lot of our planned lessons have fallen through this week. We have two new investigators though, one of whom committed to be baptized as of last night. We couldn't meet with our other investigator because he's had the flu.
I recently heard that some of the northern counties of California are trying to form a new state out of North Cali. called "Jefferson" because they're sick of all the stupid things the Southern Californians are doing without their consent (I guess the conservative Californians are a minority. Who knew?). Apparently three counties have already voted to leave and several more will be voting on it in the near future. I don't think I'll finish my mission in the state of Jefferson, but it's just kind of interesting. I'd definitely be in favor of it if I lived here.
So I was out skiing in spirit, even though I wasn't there physically. That's ok with me though, because it sounds like the snow is just as terrible this year as it was last year. We're supposed to be fasting and praying for rain here in California (Jefferson?) because we're really going to need it in the next few months.
Send me some pictures of your trip to Peru! When are you going to be leaving?
Love,
Jake

No comments:

Post a Comment