Monday, September 2, 2013

2 September, 2013


2 September, 2013

Hey!

I'm sure Swiss Days in Midway was just as much "fun" this year as it is every year. This week has gone by like lightning for me. I'm glad that Grandma Madelyn is taking advantage of the home theatre!

I'm glad to hear that you're retiring the old red battleship (our old Weber grill) in favor of something new. Maybe you'll have to mail me some of that bbq sauce so I can use it to work on my writing skills.  (The boys in the Nichols family have a strange obsession with good BBQ sauce).

It's great to hear about how everything's going for Sam, Kate, Libby and Jess.  I'm really proud of Sam. He's going to do fantastic on his mission.

This week we picked up a new investigator!  We're going back to talk with him later. Yesterday we tried to take another investigator to what we thought was a fireside with the Arrevolo brothers (they're all great members). Turns out it was actually a rehearsal for the upcoming Stake Youth Musical.  So, after almost getting pressganged into joining a musical, we thought it best to just find an empty classroom and teach him a lesson.
Two of our investigators, a husband and wife, came to the fast sunday meeting yesterday, which was awesome. We just need to get them on date for baptism - they know the gospel is true, they're just reluctant. The husband has told us that he knows that Joseph Smith was a prophet.

Sometimes people confuse me.

Thanks for sending another one of your missionary experiences, Dad.  I definitely don't know the scriptures as well as I would like - and learning a language is tough. But it's awesome that one of the other interns in your story was baptized because you and that other RM were able to share the gospel with people. I guess that's just a trade-off.  I've come to realize that missions change everyone depending on what they need most.

I'm glad to hear that the Priest's quorum is doing well. I hope they're preparing themselves the way they should be.

Mom, I'm working on my Spanish as much as I can. I've learned quite a bit. Thanks so much for the recipe!  I'm going to try the banana muffins this week and then another one the next. I'd like to improve my cooking skills. I know you're doing a great job as the primary president. You're you.

Tell Jess thanks for the picture, I loved it!

I love and miss everyone. I'm having a great time though.

Love,

Jake

No comments:

Post a Comment