Monday, July 22, 2013

The MTC is great...the food is less great...

Hey everyone!
The MTC has been great.  The food is less great.  But they feed us well, so it's okay.  I'm excited to get out of here and get to Mexico.  Hopefully my visa comes through.

Yesterday we taught a native Mexican brother, Hermano______ for TRC.  It was a great learning experience.  we also have two role-play investigators named Claudio and Matthias (who are also our teachers).  We teach completely in Spanish and they ask some tough questions, but the Spirit always helps us along.  It's incredible how fast you can learn here with God's help.

I've been singing in the MTC choir.  We performed "Nearer My God to Thee" for last night's devotional.  It was amazing! 

The time has flown by these past 3 weeks.  Two years will have gone by before I know it.  I'm excited to get out and teach.

Libby, the cookies were delicious!  Tu eres una panadora excelente!  To Sam and Kate: take care of each other.  School can be rough.  I love you both.  Jess, I miss you lots.  I'll make sure to send you something from Mexico for your birthday!  Mom and Dad, I love you both.  Keep the theater room in good condition for me.  Let me know about my AP scores when you get them, too.  I'll keep you posted about my visa!  Hopefully it comes in time!  Daniel has already come and gone, which is crazy.  I hope he's doing well in Jamaica.

Love you all,
Elder Nichols

p.s. I could use some Riesens or Werthers if the quartermaster can manage.  Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment