Tuesday, July 8, 2014

New Branch in Colusa!


7 July, 2014

Hey er'body,

Well, I got transferred. I'm going to be District Leader in the new Colusa Area. Apparently we're responsible for trying to get a Spanish branch started there. I'm excited to be leaving, but nervous about my new responsibilities at the same time. It'll be a good learning experience. My goal is to be more positive about my area whether it's good or bad. If it's bad, I'll make it good. If it's good, I'll make it great. My new companion is Elder Roberts from Texas. I've met him before and he's cool. Elder Tepox will be staying here to become senior companion to a younger missionary.  I'm going to make a list of people to focus on for them to use after I leave.

So yeah. Goodbye Citrus Heights!

Well, that's about it. I got food poisoning on Saturday, and then had to translate fast and testimony meeting the next day without any notice beforehand. Bonus: the stake president was there visiting that day. Needless to say I was pretty nervous. But he came up afterwards and told me I did a great job. According to him it was way better than other times he'd been there. That made my day. It also strengthened my testimony of fasting because I know I could never have done as well as I did if I didn't have the help of the Holy Ghost.

On the 4th of July everyone conveniently forgot the rule about no fireworks for a few hours and chaos ensued. Elder Johnson lit his "6 month tie" on fire, despite us telling him that missionaries don't really do that. We barbecued some hamburgers at a members house too. It was lots of fun. I'd send pictures but I forgot my camera. Sorry mom!

Love you!

Jake

No comments:

Post a Comment