Tuesday, January 7, 2014

feliz ano nuevo


Hi Dad and Mom,

¡Feliz año nuevo!

Well, on New Year's Day the highlight was getting to go eat with the Whitings and the Mannings and learning to use a bullwhip Indiana Jones style while there - hat and everything. It's all in the stance. I also learned the origin of the word "cracker" with its racist connotation.  Apparently cowboys were called crackers because they used whips to move cattle along. I'm learning so much on my mission.

On Thursday we had a cool experience - I was let into a house on the spot for the first time on my mission. We went to see a former investigator and we had a lesson with her. Her and her husband have been attending the "salon de reino" of the Jehovah's Witnesses for a while now, so teaching them is going to be interesting.

2014 has started well. There's probably about a 50/50 chance que voy a ser traslado at the end of week 6. Honestly I'd be happy either way. If I get transferred, I'll get to see a new area. If I'm not, no tendré que hacer mis maletas.

I did exchanges this week, and went to a bike area with the English elders. It was pretty fun. I'm getting better at talking to people about the gospel. Plus I enjoyed being on bikes. I hate having a car.

I'm sorry for not keeping up with all the physical letters I get from home. I just don't have the energy to write back. I hope grandmas don't hate me. Will you send me both their emails so I can just do that?

If you have time, you should look up "The Disciplined Edge". It's an article about Dallin H. Oaks from an old issue of the Ensign. I enjoyed it a lot.

Thanks a ton for writing.

Love,

Jake

No comments:

Post a Comment